Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Featured Artists—
Meet Patricia Gould


Patricia Gould
ANGEL FIRE DESIGNS
12620 Towner Ave NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87112
505-670-6364

• Quilting • Surface Design 

With a BA in Fine Arts/Art History, and sewing since the age of eight, it’s no surprise that I chose fiber art as my passion in life. Since 1993, I have been creating mixed media fiber landscapes, drawing inspiration from trips to China, East Africa, Russia, Antarctica, and extensive travel throughout North America and Europe. I’m drawn to a few subjects in nature that I find perpetually intriguing and my voice is whispering a tribute to the incredible beauty in both the subtle and violent forces of nature, only touched by the hand of humans on rare occasions. I’m obsessively drawn to trees, rocks, all forms of water, and animals; I portray these subjects as if they were asking to me to reveal their messages to the world. My fiber pieces are dramatic portraits of Earth and I hope to draw the viewers into these scenes to share the exhilaration I feel and to cherish the wonders of the place we call home.

Over the past few years, I have installed eight of my artworks around the state in the Art in Public Places program. I exhibit my work both in the U.S. and internationally. In 2011, I exhibited in the VI  Bienal Internacional de Art Textil in Mexico. I currently have a work in the Scythia 9 (8th International Biennial on Contemporary Textile Art) in the Ukraine, http://anschnei.public.kherson.ua/events.html. For the past year, I have been preparing for the Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition 2012, http://www.taqs.org.tw/tiqe2012/eng/index.asp, where I will be a featured artist and will teach two workshops on painting with acrylics and Paintstiks on fabrics. In September 2013, I will teaching a five-day workshop at the Abruzzo School of Creative Art in Sulmona, Italy, http://www.abruzzoschoolofcreativeart2013.com/patricia-gould.php.

To see more of my work, visit www.angelfiredesigns.com

• I do custom work/commissions
• Available for individual instruction/classes

patricia@angelfiredesigns.com

Here is some of Patricia's beautiful work.
Costal Concerto

Dancing Waves

Green River Sunset

Jazz Rocks

Li River Fisherman

***********

Are you a fiber artist living in New Mexico?  Then join us!  Visit our web site at: www.nmfiberartisans.org to fill out an application form and send in your membership fee via Pay Pal.  It's easy!  You don't have to have a Pay Pal account either.

Know a New Mexico fiber artist who is not a member?  Please share this information with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment